31 May Locks, Weather and Free Pizza — Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
We’ve pulled into a safe harbor for the night. Everything is fine with crew and boat, we just weren’t getting anywhere!
After we worked our way through the locks around Montreal, the weather started to be a negative factor. For the better part of the morning, we had 35 knots on the nose. It was really after the 4th lock (Lock Beauha), that our speed started dropping under 2 knots, which just wasn’t getting us anywhere.
Since its a rough forecast until tomorrow, we decided that instead of anchoring, we’d look for a safe harbor, and found one at Salaberry-de-Valleyfield in southwestern Quebec. We even arranged for a free pizza delivered for our arrival! We’ll rest up here and carry on tomorrow unless the weather lingers. From there, it’s on to Lake Ontario.
Stay tuned, we’ll check in tomorrow.